Wednesday 21 March 2007

Bring the Noise!

The fantasticness continues to amount; the Freaks and Geeks marathon continues, and now I'm down to the last three episodes- Yike! Hopefully the end of the series will purge the insane desire to listen to 70's music from my brain; it's kinda affecting my self-image.

I went down to town for some nosh and movie action, Peter and Juanita joined me in viewing Hot Fuzz which I'm glad to report is totally rockin' and most funny. It didn't quite beat out Shaun of the Dead in my opinion (not that I'm biased or anything), but the Spaced boys are still on the top of the Brit-com game. We also got to see the awesome trailer for Die Hard 4.0 (which apparently involves the still follicle-challenged Bruce Willis saving the world from computer viruses or the Y2K bug or somethin') and the not-so-awesome looking trailer for Transformers (ack! Can't the memory of those gimmicky toys just die in peace?)

In not so awesome news I booked in at the dentist for this Friday, which is probably a smart thing to do pre-travel, but also makes me tremble slightly and produces a metallic taste at the back of my mouth when I think of visiting. I need to get myself in for a haircut sometime soon too, not that I don't like my proto-'fro, but it's pretty high maintenance, and I'd rather not have to worry about seeking out commercial quantities of anti-frizz shampoo in another country. Anyway, I can still take suggestions in terms of colours, in another stroke of irony AEON allows employees to sport electric-blue hair- just as long as it's neat, clean and not accompanied by a daffy-duck tie.

Ok... bedtime, something I probably should have done a while ago, but guzzling movie-sized quantities of diet-cola seems about equivalent to putting a thermos of coffee into your system. One day I'll quit caffeine for good: probably about the same time as someone finishes reading a touching eulogy over my Nescafe-sponsored tombstone.

No comments: