Friday 16 February 2007

Maps, Maps, Maps....

"Where the *expletive of choice* is Sasebo?" Is one of the more common responses that I get when I mention the place name. Accordingly I submit the following visual aid to clarify the situation:


More specifically:



So now you know.

Sasebo is something of a 'resort town' for the Nagasaki prefecture, famous primarily for being home to large naval bases for both the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force and the United States Navy. It has a population of about 250,000 people and is about 90 minutes away from both Nagasaki and Fukuoko. That's the basics anyway, I'm just hoping that sailors are nice, I can find a decent cup of coffee and that I don't end up spending every weekend at Japans largest (and only) replica 17th century Dutch-village/themepark that happens to be in town.
Wanna know more? try the tourism boards website or just hit wikipedia.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Are you in Sasebo? Or near Sasebo? I was wondering about getting an English teaching job there.